More than a quick fix: 5 reasons to have a monthly facial
By simply skincare uk, May 7 2016 08:09PM
Most people don’t really understand all of the rewards a good professional facial can offer. Often, they will wait until they have a skin concern or have a special event on the horizon before booking a treatment. While this is absolutely fine, many frustrating problems can be avoided altogether (and a host of other benefits enjoyed) by following a routine of regular facials and advice on the correct at-home products with an experienced facialist.
Here are my Top 5 reasons for booking a monthly facial:
1. Facials allow you to relax. This should not be underestimated! They help you feel fabulous and provide stress-relieving time and space in your busy lifestyle. Not only is this good for your soul... it's good for your skin!
2. The massage inherent in facial treatments boosts blood circulation under the skin, facilitating the renewal of skin cells.
3. Facials manipulate the lymphatic system, thereby reducing toxins and waste underneath the dermis that can cause puffiness and redness.
4. A good facial can help prevent premature ageing, wrinkles, and sagging by promoting collagen and elastin production. Collagen and elastin are the building blocks of the skin and their production by the body slows with age.
5. Professional facials exfoliate and cleanse the pores on a much deeper level than you can achieve at home. If left unchecked, pores can start to stretch and widen with the accumulation of oil and debris.